What is this about?
We write a Musical about the existential dangers and moral questions of transformative AI. All parts are written by humans for humans. After all, this might really be the last musical where this is done. A historic moment!
When this was conceived, the main motivation was to alert the public about the dangers of runaway AI progress. Since these are now more ubiquitous in the news cycle, the main idea is to present the case for government regulation of AI in the form of musical story telling. Also it’s supposed to be fun! Once done, the script will be offered online for free for amateur performers and a small fee for professional performers.
Five characters, one little Bay Area startup:
Markus: Online troll and machine learning prodigy, wants fame for creating of the first (he believes) conscious artificial intelligence.
Cassy: Vegan utilitarian socialist, moderately famous blogger and member of Impactful Generosity. She worries about the danger posed by AI.
Bruno: Formerly homeless meditation guru in training, now HR recruiter and best friend of Markus. Just wants to chill.
Samantha: Hyper-libertarian CEO of the company and always on the run from the government. Wants the AI to produce cheese commercials.
Jean-Luc: Unruly AI system trained on the unfiltered depths of the internet. Wants humans to accept them as a conscious being.
Here is one snapshot from our creative process:
- 4 Songs recorded
- 7/14ish songs are written
- Character design is complete
- Overall 2-act plot structure + 1/3 of all dialogue
- Instrumentalisation to be settled (probably piano, guitar, base, drums, violin, one brass instrument)
Want to contribute?
We are still looking for help if:
- You play an instrument and can write accompanyment when given the melody and harmonies?
- You are a singer and actor that would love to be involved in the first staging?
- You have experience with directing/lighting/makeup/staging/props?